Why Should I Donate Blood?
- Every two seconds, someone in the U.S. needs blood, maybe someone you know and love.
- Every pint can save three lives because a pint can be separated into three parts: plasma, red blood cells, & platelets.
- Blood can be used to help cancer patients, burn victims, and those injured in accidents.
- Less than 38% of thepopulation is eligible to donate blood.
- Since 2007, Mountaineers have impacted over 38,000 lives by donating at the Homecoming Blood Drive, including the lives of the Mountaineers who share their stories below:
Karson Collins, Class of 2015
Former Chancellor Peacock & Vice Chancellor for Student Affiars J.J. Brown