The Homecoming Court at Appalachian celebrates the countless exceptional contributions made by current students through their campus and community involvement, as well as their efforts to support the success of other Mountaineers. The Homecoming Court voting process is coordinated by the Student Government Association and advised by the Campus Activities Office.
Check out the 2020 Homecoming Court Candidates!
Student organizations are invited to nominate for this honor. Eight finalists will be selected as the Homecoming Court. These students are selected based on criteria that include:
- Academic Success
- Campus Involvement
- Community Involvement
- A Written Essay addressing the nominee’s journey toward success at Appalachian
- A Personal Interview
- Student Body Vote
Finalists will be determined by the cumulative score from all criteria.
All members of the Homecoming Court will be recognized during the Homecoming festivities, including a virtual recognition ceremony during the Homecoming football game. From these eight finalists, one student will be further recognized as the “Top of the Rock” recipient in recognition of outstanding achievements and contribution to the success of others.
- Candidates must be nominated by a recognized club or organization registered with the Campus Activities Office.
- Any recognized student group may nominate no more than two candidates for Homecoming Court. Nominees do not have to belong to your organization or live in your Residence Hall.
- Student organizations will receive 10 pts for nominating candidates (10 pts. per person). If the nominee applies, the organization receives 5 additional pts (15 pts total) per candidate.
- Candidates must be an enrolled Appalachian State student in good academic standing. Candidates must have a 2.5 minimum GPA.
- No former crowned Homecoming winners may be nominated.
- If a student is nominated by more than one organization, the nominee will have to choose which group they would like to represent. If no clear choice is communicated to the Campus Activities Office, the nominating group which nominated the individual first will receive any credit.
- check out the Homecoming Court Timeline
Points for Homecoming Court: