Friday, October 18th, 2019
7:30 pm | Peacock Parking Lot
(After the parade)
The Kazoo Band Competition is a fun and unique way to celebrate the Homecoming spirit. Groups will perform a one-minute song on the ever-popular instrument, the kazoo! Songs should relate to the Homecoming construction theme, “Build Yosef Up” and costumes, props, and choreography are always encouraged. All performing groups must arrive at the parade conclusion no later than 8:00 p.m. for check-in and competition immediately following.
- The Kazoo routine for the judges may be no longer than 1 minute. Routines will be timed.
- Kazoos are provided in the Campus Activities Office in 244 Plemmons Student Union.
- Groups must consist of 5 or more people in the Kazoo Band competitions.
- Fraternities & Sororities will vie for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place. Likewise, Clubs, Hall Councils and Department Affiliated Organizations will compete in their own categories for the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.
- Points will be awarded to all Kazoo Bands who register by the deadline, follow the judging criteria, behave appropriately for a family parade, and successfully complete the parade.
Kazoo Judging Criteria:
|Quality & Theme of Parade Banner||25%|
|Spirit of Members||25%|
|Quality of Kazoo Songs||25%|
Kazoo Points & Prizes:
|3rd Place||25 pts (in addition to participation pts.)||$50|
|2nd Place||50 pts. (in addition to participation pts.)||$75|
|1st Place||75 pts (in addition to participation pts.)||$100|