Thank you for your interest in donating blood! Appalachian & the Community Together (ACT) is looking forward to hosting the 13th Annual Homecoming Blood Drive next September! Become a part of this amazing tradition that demonstrates Appalachian State's spirit of giving back to the community!
To donate at the AppState 1,200 Pint Homecoming Blood Drive, you will need to:
- Check the links below to make sure you are eligible to donate (if you are not, you can still volunteer!)
- Find a time between 8:00 a.m. and 6:45 p.m. on the day of the drive, Tuesday, September 24th, that you can commit to donating. You can expect the donation process, from check-in to check-out, to take about 1 hour for regular donation and 1.5 hours for a power red donation.
- Please double check your schedule before registering! If you have to change your appointment time, you can do so on the Red Cross website where you registered.
- Get plenty of rest, eat lots of iron-rich foods, and stay well-hydrated (drink lots of non-caffeinated and non-alcoholic beverages)
- On the day of the blood drive, eat a hearty meal (you should feel full) before you come to donate.
- Come to the Holmes Convocation Center at your scheduled time (this enables us to keep things running smoothly). Check in and make sure to bring your photo ID!
- Donors will use the Northwest Entrance (on corner of Holmes Drive and Rivers Street) and Volunteers and SUPER Volunteers will use the Northeast Entrance (corner of Rivers Street and 321/Blowing Rock Road)
- Check out with your App Card (check out stations will be located on the floor of the Holmes Center) to get your free T-shirt and earn homecoming points for your club or organization (it also helps us get an accurate count of volunteers and donors for future planning).
- Wear your shirt on Friday (Friday September 27th) with other donors, volunteers, and people who helped make this blood drive successful!
Also, visit these quick-links for information on:
- Donor eligibility
- Power Red eligibility
- Tattoos (scroll down for tattoo info)
- International travel: if question is not answered by the link provided, call 866-236-3276
- Other common questions
- Tips for donation
If you still have questions, please contact email@example.com