The Appalachian State University campus is currently operating under SPECIAL conditions.
The university remains open, with emergency management protocols activated and operational modifications and precautions in place to support social distancing. In-person instruction has transitioned to a system of alternative course delivery. View the latest information on the App State Coronavirus Information website. Read the latest update posted 3/30/2020 at 5:31 p.m.
Read the Student Affairs Covid-19 Response. Updated March 31, 2020 at 9:20 a.m.
Department Affiliated Organizations
Because Department Affiliated Organizations receive a portion of the student activities fee, they are not eligible for prize money in any Homecoming contest. However, Department Affiliated Organizations can request funding for t-shirts, banners, and float supplies. Department Affiliated Organizations, for the purposes of Homecoming activities, include:
- Club Council
- Women’s Center
- Student Media (The Appalachian & The Peel)
- impACT Team
- Fraternity & Sorority Governing Councils (IFC, NPHC, PHC, MGC)
- Appalachian Ambassadors
Due date TBD to submit funding requests to purchase T-shirts, banners, and float supplies.
If you are interested in receiving funding, fill out this Budget Request Form.
- Department Affiliated Organizations are eligible for up to $250 for t-shirts for participants to wear during the parade and for up to $100 reimbursement for supplies.
- Funding requests must include an itemized budget that lists items needed, their quantity, and cost.
- T-shirts provided to Department Affiliated Organizations are for participants in the kazoo band & float riders/participants only. If more shirts are purchased then the number of members in the actual parade, the organization or office will have to reimburse the Office of Campus Activities for the extra shirts.