Because University Funded Organizations (UFOs) receive a portion of the student activities fee, they are not eligible for prize money in any Homecoming contest. However, UFOs can request funding for t-shirts, banners, and float supplies. UFOs include:
- Club Council
- Women’s Center
- Student Media (The Appalachian & The Peel)
- Fraternity & Sorority Governing Councils (IFC, NPHC, Panhellenic)
- Appalachian Ambassadors
- Requests for funding for T-shirts, Banners, and float supplies (UFO’s only) are due by 5:00 pm on September 30, 2016 via AppSync.
- Funding requests must include an itemized budget that lists items needed, their quantity, and cost.
- T-shirts provided to UFOs are for participants in the kazoo band & float riders/participants only. If more shirts are purchased then the number of members in the actual parade, the student club will have to reimburse the Department of Student Programs for the extra shirts.