All organizations competing are required to fill out the homecoming entry form online by Friday, September 8th at 5 p.m. in AppSync.
- Only registered student clubs and organizations, as approved by the Campus Activities Office, are eligible to participate in Homecoming activities and receive points.
- Clubs and organizations will compete only against similar groups (clubs vs. clubs, Greeks vs. Greeks, etc.)* in seven (7) different Homecoming contests (see below).
- Four overall Homecoming Champions will be chosen and announced at halftime of the Homecoming game.
- Certificates, cash prizes, significant publicity, and prestige await the successful groups.
- Groups may join with other similar groups to enter one or more competition. However, if combined groups place in a competition, only one certificate will be awarded and prize points and money (if any) will be divided equally.
- Certificates and cash prizes will be awarded to winners in each category. A display celebrating all winners will be on display in the Student Union.
- Each contest has specific guidelines and deadlines.
4 Homecoming Champions will be chosen in the following categories:
- General Club
- Residence Hall Council
- Department Affiliated Organizations**
Competition Points Grid:
|Contest||Points for Participation||Points for 3rd Place||Points for 2nd Place||Points for 1st Place|
|*15 additional points will be added for sustainable materials used.|
|Parade Walking Group*||50||--||--||--|
|*Walking Groups must have banner. Banner Contest Banners can be used for this purpose! Contest Banners must be taken down by the Friday morning before the parade to be used.|
|Homecoming Royalty Candidate||Nomination: 10||Interview: 15||On Court: 20||Top of the Rock: 30|
|Lip Sync||Prelims: 50||--||--||--|
|Finals: 25 additional points||Category winners: 25 (for 1st place winners)||
Overall Champion: 50 (cannot be a category winner)
*Notes: Because there is an uneven number of fraternities and sororities on campus, some fraternities may compete with non-Greek, all-female organization when no sororities are available. Fraternities pairing with non PanHellenic groups will be awarded one half the point f or 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place finish in any contest. Participation points are split between partnering groups whether they be Greek or non-Greek. Furthermore, Prize Money where applicable is also split evenly among partnering groups. Partnering groups do not share Blood Drive points.
** Department Affiliated Organizations include: Appalachian Ambassadors, APPS, The Appalachian, WASU, The Peel, BSA, Club Council, RHA/NRHH, IFC, NPHC, PHC, SGA, Women's Center, REI, InTapp, and ACT. UFOs are not eligible for cash rewards but can receive funds to cover floats and banner costs.