Department Affiliated Organizations
Because Department Affiliated Organizations receive a portion of the student activities fee, they are not eligible for prize money in any Homecoming contest. However, Department Affiliated Organizations can request funding for t-shirts, banners, and float supplies. Department Affiliated Organizations include:
- Club Council
- Women’s Center
- Student Media (The Appalachian & The Peel)
- Fraternity & Sorority Governing Councils (IFC, NPHC, Panhellenic)
- Appalachian Ambassadors
Requests for funding for T-shirts, Banners, and float supplies are due by 5:00 pm on September 22, 2017 via AppSync. If you are interested in receiving funding, fill out this Budget Request Form.
- All student organizations are eligible for up to $125 or $150 in reimbursement for homecoming supplies and materials.
- Department Affiliated Organizations are eligible for up to $250 for t-shirts for participants to wear during the parade.
- Funding requests must include an itemized budget that lists items needed, their quantity, and cost.
- T-shirts provided to Department Affiliated Organizations are for participants in the kazoo band & float riders/participants only. If more shirts are purchased then the number of members in the actual parade, the student club will have to reimburse the Department of Student Programs for the extra shirts.