Department Affiliated Organizations
Because Department Affiliated Organizations receive a portion of the student activities fee, they are not eligible for prize money in any Homecoming contest. However, Department Affiliated Organizations can request funding for t-shirts, banners, and float supplies. Department Affiliated Organizations, for the purposes of Homecoming activities, include:
- Club Council
- Women’s Center
- Student Media (The Appalachian & The Peel)
- impACT Team
- Fraternity & Sorority Governing Councils (IFC, NPHC, PHC)
- Appalachian Ambassadors
Requests for funding for T-shirts, Banners, and float supplies are due by 5:00 pm on Friday, September 15, 2017 via AppSync. If you are interested in receiving funding, fill out this Budget Request Form.
- Department Affiliated Organizations are eligible for up to $300 for t-shirts for participants to wear during the parade.
- Funding requests must include an itemized budget that lists items needed, their quantity, and cost.
- T-shirts provided to Department Affiliated Organizations are for participants in the kazoo band & float riders/participants only. If more shirts are purchased then the number of members in the actual parade, the student club will have to reimburse the Office of Campus Activities for the extra shirts.