- Only current Appalachian State University students and advisors may participate.
- Performances are to be between 3 to 4 minutes in length. Performances lasting longer than 4 minutes will be disqualified.
- No objects may be thrown from the stage into the audience.
- Edited music is expected. (Please refrain from using music containing profane language.)
- Group must provide their own “microphones” if needed.
- Keep performances within an 20’ X 24’ area (the size of the stage in the Campus Finals).
- This is a Family-Friendly event—please no inappropriate dancing (sexual or crude in nature) and no inappropriate props and no revealing costumes.
- NO GLITTER MAY BE USED FOR LIP SYNC!
- All organizations competing are required to fill out the homecoming entry form online by Wednesday, September 28th at 5 p.m. in AppSync.
- An audio file containing the group’s music (which will be used in the actual performance), and a list of Lip Sync performers are due on the Homecoming Registration Form by September 28th.
(Participants need to be at the designated area at least 30 minutes in advance!)
|Monday, October 10th||7 pm||Legends||General Clubs & UFOs|
|Monday, October 10th||7 pm||I.G. Greer Auditorium||Hall Councils & Varsity Athletic Teams*|
|Tuesday, October 11th||7 pm||Legends**||Fraternities & Sororities|
*Varsity athletic teams are not eligible for prize funding.
**Due to space limitations, only participants are allowed to watch prelim performances.
Lip Sync Finals
Thursday, October 1st
7 - 9 pm
- Participants must be at the Schaefer Center and check in by 6:30PM!
- Top 3 Fraternity & Sorority teams will advance to the finals
- Top 3 Residence Hall organizations will advance to the finals
- Top 3 University Funded Organizations will advance to the finals
- Top 3 General Clubs will advance to the finals
- The groups advancing to this performance will be competing against all other groups in their category: Greek, UFO, Hall Council, General Club, & Athletics.
- A 1st Place winner will be selected from each category. Each category winner will receive $75 in funding
- 1 Overall Winner will be selected from all competing groups. The overall winner will receive $150 in funding.
**UFOs & Athletic Teams are not eligible to receive funding.
All judges will be unbiased representatives of the university community (faculty & staff). Evaluation will be based on:
|Relation to Homecoming Theme||20%|
|Costume & Props||20%|
If a group advances to the finals and fails to perform, the group forfeits all of the points earned during the Lip Sync Competition.
|Prelims Participation||15 pts.|
|Finals Participation||25 pts.|
|1st Place in Category||50 pts.|
|1 Overall Grand Chamption||50 pts. (in addition to category pts.)|
***If your group leaves behind any trash or props, points will be deducted from your final score. ***