- Only current Appalachian State University students and advisors may participate.
- Performances are to be between 3 to 4 minutes in length. Performances lasting longer than 4 minutes will be disqualified.
- No objects may be thrown from the stage into the audience.
- Edited music is expected. (Please refrain from using music containing profane language.)
- Group must provide their own “microphones” if needed.
- Keep performances within an 20’ X 24’ area (the size of the stage in the Campus Finals).
- This is a Family-Friendly event—please no inappropriate dancing (sexual or crude in nature) and no inappropriate props and no revealing costumes.
- NO GLITTER MAY BE USED FOR LIP SYNC!
An audio file containing the group’s music (which will be used in the actual performance), and a list of Lip Sync performers must be submitted. Fill out the 2017 LipSync Participation Form by Thursday, September 21st at MIDNIGHT.
(Participants need to be at the designated area at least 30 minutes in advance!)
|Tuesday, September 26th||6 pm||Schaefer Center||General Clubs & Department Affiliated Organizations|
|Tuesday, September 26th||7 pm||Schaefer Center||Hall Councils|
|Tuesday, September 26th||8 pm||Schaefer Center||Fraternities & Sororities|
Lip Sync Finals
- Participants must be at the Schaefer Center and check in by 5:30PM!
- Top 3 Fraternity & Sorority teams will advance to the finals
- Top 3 Residence Hall organizations will advance to the finals
- Top 3 Department Affiliated Organizations will advance to the finals
- Top 3 General Clubs will advance to the finals
- The groups advancing to this performance will be competing against all other groups in their category: Greek, Department Affilaited Organizations, Hall Council, & General Club.
- A 1st Place winner will be selected from each category. Each category winner will receive $75 in funding.*
- 1 Overall Winner will be selected from all competing groups. The overall winner will receive $150 in funding.*
*Department Affiliated Organizations & Athletic Teams are not eligible to receive funding.
All judges will be unbiased representatives of the university community (faculty & staff). Evaluation will be based on:
|Relation to Homecoming Theme||20%|
|Costume & Props||20%|
If a group advances to the finals and fails to perform, the group forfeits all of the points earned during the Lip Sync Competition.
|Prelims Participation||50 pts.|
|Finals Participation||25 additional pts.|
|1st Place in Category||25 additional pts.|
|1 Overall Grand Chamption||50 pts. (cannot be a category winner)|
If your group leaves behind any trash or props, points will be deducted from your final score.