APPALACHIAN’S 11th ANNUAL BLOOD DRIVE
NOW TAKING APPLICATIONS TO JOIN THE HOMECOMING BLOOD DRIVE PLANNING COMMITTEE.
Applications due by April 1st. Click here to apply!
Appalachian's 11th Annual Homecoming Blood Drive will take place on September 20th, 2017.
For the last 8 consecutive years (and 9 out of the last 10 years) Appalachian has collected more blood in a single day than any one else in the entire country!
Every two seconds someone in the United States needs blood. Blood is needed for emergencies and for people who have cancer, blood disorders, sickle cell anemia and other illnesses. Some people need regular blood transfusions to live. While over 50% of the population is able to donate, less than 5% of the eligible population actually donate. Currently, blood donors are the only source of blood; there is simply no substitute for blood.
- Start by signing up:
- Each person signs up for a timeslot (donating blood or volunteering) via website and must confirm registration via email within one hour.
- Each person MUST SIGN OUT at the blood drive after their volunteer shift or donation experience so credit goes to their club/organization for participating.
- For individual group/organization members to actively participate, each member must Register Individually to donate blood or volunteer at the Blood Drive.
- Blood Drive Registration is NOW OPEN!
- Homecoming Registration Deadline: September 10th by 5 p.m.
Together, We Can Save Lives...
Be a Part of History