Banners are due to the Plemmons Student Union Information Desk by 11 p.m. on September 28th, 2017. Banners will be hung and judged in the Plemmons Student Union during Homecoming week.
The Homecoming Banner Contest is an opportunity for organizations to celebrate Homecoming by creating banners, which show the spirit of Homecoming and showcase their artistic talent. The banner will incorporate not only the overall theme, but also the individual pairings’ Homecoming 2016 theme and will be displayed in Plemmons Student Union. Banners will be on display around the Student Union the Week of Homecoming.
Monday, October 2nd - Thursday, October 5th
Banner Contest Rules:
- Banners are to be no larger than one flat twin-bed sheet, or 6’ x 12’ if banner paper.
- Designs must be in good taste.
- The banner should display your organization’s name, logo, or crest.
- Banners must relate to the game and/or homecoming theme.
- No glitter, glitter material, glitter paint or sequins allowed on banner.
- Banners that are painted must be dry when turned in to information desk.
- No professional sign painter services may be used.
- The banner must be made by members of the competing group.
- Banner cannot have been entered in a previous Homecoming.
- Separate banners must be made for your Parade Kazoo Band.
|Relations to Homecoming Theme||20%|
|Originality & Creativity||20%|
|Promotion of School Spirit & Team||20%|
|Neatness & Artistic Presentation||20%|
|Readability at a Distance||20%|
Points & Prizes:
Public recognition and points are awarded to organizations with prizes awarded to fraternity/sorority, Hall Councils and General Clubs that finish 1st, 2nd , or 3nd.
|3rd Place||25 points||$50|
|2nd Place||50 points||$75|
|1st Place||75 points||$125|